Sunday, 27 May 2012

Front Cover

I've been away on holiday for the past three weeks - hence the lack of posts - and upon my return, I had a very exciting email - a mock-up of the front cover for Origin!

Front covers are something of an art form - they not only have to grab a potential reader's attention in a visually dynamic way, they also have to convey the content of the novel in that single cover image. No easy task!

As well as the obvious excitement - my first cover! - I was also a little bit tentative. The big question, of course, was - will it be any good?

The answer, I am very happy to say, is a resounding 'yes'! In fact it's superb, the people at Headline have done an absolutely fantastic job on it, and I would like to thank each and every one of them!

I can't post the image at the moment, as it has yet to go through final approval, but you will definitely see it here first - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment