Thursday, 22 March 2012

Selling my first book!

Hi all,

I had the absolutely fantastic news this week that my agent Luigi Bonomi (http://www.bonomiassociates.co.uk/) has managed to sell my first novel (an action thriller with a sci-fi twist) to Headline Publishing!

Because I found writers' blogs so useful (in terms of what to expect when approaching agents, how books are sold, etc) when I was going through the process, I thought it might be nice for me to throw in my own 'two penneth' and contribute something about my own experience.

I'm still awaiting the contract to be sent through, so I won't go into too much detail yet, but my aim will be to lay out the exact process I went through, from the creation of the intial ideas, through to getting an agent, until ultimately securing a book deal.

I know how tough the market is, and how many aspiring authors there are out there struggling to break through, and hope that this 'insider's' blog may help in some small (probably very small!) way.

Comments are welcome, and I hope to update the blog regularly.

And of course - look out for my book when it's released later this year (more details to follow!!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment